Sunday 22 August 2010

Real Life Papa Smurf!

This story only came into my head recently about American, Paul Karason, who's skin turned blue after he ingested large amounts of colloidal silver, a new-age hippy product in a magazine that was supposed to help with his arthritis.

Karason sent away for a kit for making colloidal silver -- a home brew of microscopic silver particles suspended in water. For a while, he was drinking at least 10 ounces a day as a cure for arthritis. "I had arthritis in my shoulders so bad I couldn't pull a T-shirt off. And the next thing I knew, it was just gone." he explained the media, but these claims have no basis in science and after a couple of months, his whole skin turned blue. "I kind of hoped it would fade off!" But it didn't fade off. Argyria is permanent.

No comments: